These are some tips related to SharePoint 2016 installation represents the new differences only between this version and old versions.
- SharePoint Server 2016 does not support standalone installation which automatically installed SQL Server Express Edition
- There are 6 predefined server roles in SharePoint Server 2016 for better performance and capacity planning https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346114(v=office.16).aspx
Note: Still You can go with Legacy topologies like in SharePoint 2013/2010.
- You can change between these roles from Central admin
- Also you can check if server is compliant with its defined role
- Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(v=office.16).aspx
- SQL Server 2014 SP 1 and higher
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher
- What’s deprecated or removed from SharePoint Server 2016 https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346112(v=office.16).aspx