تتضمن هذه الورقات مجموعة من المواضيع التي تتعلق بقواعد بيانات DynamoDbعلى بيئة خدمات أمازون ويب AWS التي تساعد على فهم هذه الخدمة ومعرفة ما يمكن عمله وتنفيذه بأفضل الطرق.
تم كتابة هذه الورقات بالتعاون مع الصديق اسماعيل عنجريني
On the second try, I passed the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional test.
To configure SharePoint user profile with search service in order to create employee directory with search functionalities, make sure to have the following points is configured:
- Configuring User Profile and Managed Metadata services
- Configuring Synchronization Connections
- Starting Profile Synchronization with full Synchronization (user need Replicating Directory Changes permissions)
- Adding User Profile and Managed Metadata services to web application Service Connections
- Grant search Default content access account permission in user profile service
- Creating search content source with this link format sps3://URL
- Run full Crawal
If you get this error “Error in the Microsoft SharePoint Server People Protocol Handler” in search logs then make sure to add value in My Site Host location in user profile.
AWS is a great place to host SharePoint Server 2016 on the cloud and even AWS created cloudformation template to create high available environment for SharePoint Server 2016.
You can find cloudformation template and its documentation in this link:
Here I want to mention some points to consider when using AWS services:
- Hosting SharePoint Server 2016 on AWS could provide 40% savings over the typical cost to deploy an on-premises SharePoint solution.
[Based on many factors like topology design, region, ec2 types and High available solutions]
- Instead of using EC2 as domain server, with AWS Managed Microsoft AD, you can run directory-aware workloads in the AWS Cloud, including Microsoft SharePoint and custom .NET and SQL Server-based applications
- It’s recommended to use SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups , but if you want to use Native SQL Server Failover Clustering then you need third party tools and services.
Before create Cost Plan or Bill of Materials, the below points will guide you to get efficient solution or cost whether you are using AWS or Azure cloud computing resources.
Using the right resources help you to meet the client requirements, save money and get less operations, errors, less security vulnerabilities …
- Meet business objectives and the budget (be specific)
- Know if the workload or legacy applications is supported in cloud
- Consider non-functionality requirements like High availability or maintainability
- Consider security requirements and compliance
- Know the cloud deployment models (Public or Hybrid)
- Review cloud provider pricing pages and calculators
- Consider support price
- Go with Serverless and managed resources first and if they are not applicable then go with IaaS
- Consume free tier and resources as much as you can
- Cost based on hours and usage
- Enable alarm on bills and stop unused resources (even if it’s for hours)
- Review your design, review your deployment, review ongoing projects
- Determine the baseline and watch the exception behaviors
- Know the required environments (staging, production …)
- Know if the license is provided by the customer or cloud provider
- Pricing is estimated (expected) because it’s based on provided information, always go with maximums
- Provision just in time, start small and then elastic your resources
- Keep old billing files for tracing and tracking
- Know about the cloud resources usage (on demand, reserved or spot resources)
- Use when possible the cheapest region if the network latency is not an issue
- Know what is free and cost resources
- New generation of virtual instances is cheaper
- Use the right resource size (don’t go bigger or smaller)
- Consider optimization features like Caching or CDN which reduce the consuming cost
- Consider Lifecyle or Retention policy for resources
- Automate the scaling and shrinking process of resources
- Consider consolidating accounts
- Consider Backup solutions and storage and don’t keep them in one datacenter
- Know cloud services limitations
- Review Trusted advisor or center
- Seek for discount or credit especially when you have big profile project
- Know the refund policy, currency conversion
After 3 months of serious studying and practicing in AWS computing resources , I got AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification.